03 October 2006

going on hiatus

As piles of paper and child's art continue to encroach upon my living space and virtual piles are encroaching upon my brain, and the busy-ness is not going away, I've decided I need to cut back on some things. I'm going to be officially neglecting my blog for a little while. I figure if I make the decision to just be less present online I can get caught up in other areas of my life. Like a big fat purge and some deep cleaning at home. Like projects. Like mail that needs to be sent. Then, I'll be back. With a vengeance. I'm thinking that I'll probably miss blogging and surfing so much that it will motivate me to get all caught up. What do you think? Do you think I can do it?

10 comments:

sarah said...

blog and computer breaks are a GOOD thing.
enjoy your time away!
:)

Just Me said...

hurry back!!

JB said...

Good luck! Check in once in a while if you can, ok?

Anonymous said...

Smart choice - I need to do the same thing! Happy hiatis and hurry back to the World Wide Web!

Anna-Marie Still

Meghan said...

I have been thinking of doing the same thing...A hiatus is good, completing projects is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

You could so do it.
Good luck & I'll miss you.
~G

Mara said...

Good luck on the hiatus.
A break is always good.
Enjoy the purge.
Come back soon :)
xo.

Kelly S. said...

i know what you mean- new to this blog thing and it def can be a timesucker!

hope you get your to do list done!
we will miss you!

Anonymous said...

basically
i totally agree
being productive is a good thing
getting things done that NEED to be done is good
but this week made me remember
that the really important stuff isn't doing the dishes
or keeping a clean house
and i am not trying to make excuses
but i think it's being with people
when you need them and when they need you
and sometimes just because
so do what you need to do
but take some time for yourself
be with your husband and your little boy
call your friends and family
and just be happy
even if you didn't do all the things on your "to do" list
xoxo

xobellaaimox said...

i know you can go it, gen :) i think it's a great idea. maybe you'll come back with some insane scrappy for us :)