24 September 2007

Dishwashers and Five Year Olds

I'm still here! Buried under endless piles - in my head. I just wrote this whole big thing about wondering if I'm going crazy because I'm approaching 30 and went on and on and couldn't stop thinking crappy thoughts about everyone and everything and honestly, I just didn't want to think about stress and busy-ness or anything negative. Amazing how a girl can bring herself down. And what's the point of that? So. While I near 30, I will instead work again (hard) on the gratitude thing.

Speaking of gratitude, a couple of months ago Dren and I bought a dishwasher from our friends above us who were moving into a new house. This is one of the best decisions we've made in a LONG time. Amazingly enough, the dishwasher=cleaner kitch=more time=happy people. Yep...definitely a thing to not take for granted.

I'm finding Jaxon's age right now funny, delightful, trying, tiring and exhilarating all at the same time. He is totally learning to read. He constantly gets his "b"s and "d"s mixed up and sometimes he has fun with it and we totally laugh together over the mistake that sometimes ends up being quite hilarious. But sometime he gets upset and frustrated. I think he's got his mother's personality, quite frankly. Especially these days...oy!

I've been working on lots of scrap-related stuff...The Dare site, of course. Trying to problem solve and research and figure out the gallery but we'll see how that goes. Then there is Canada's Scrapbooking Crop for Kids, which is such an amazing event this group of women across Canada
have put together. Getting kits ready to go for my first ever teaching experience. How nerve-wracking is that!? Scrapologie's September kit, which of course is as divine as ever. Yum!

And then there's the cleaning...which I'm extra behind on so off I go!

xog

some stuff that's popped up over the last little while...(i got a bunch of old pix printed because my printer's been on the fritz)...





7 comments:

Amy said...

Positively gorgeous stuff! Your art is so inspiring!

sarah said...

oh girl.
those pages are awesome.
I simply LOVE how you used those 7gyps labels/stickers on the one of meg and nisa! How creative! Oh, and that graph overlay over their photo is way cool too.

:)

Michelle said...

awesome pages, Gen! =) You always inspire me!

Heather M. said...

Love your work! I just signed up for your LO class at CSC4K and am super excited for it!!!!!
We just moved and our new place has a dishwasher too! Seriously, I am LOVE it - definitely makes for a happier home here too! :)

*krystyn* said...

These pages are awesome. I wish I had friends like that.

***tiffany said...

so great.
none of your pages ever look the same, but they have you smeared all over them.
love that.

Unknown said...

i love these layouts! you are amazing!!