21 August 2007

yum

Just finished a mini album with the August Scrapologie kit. I think I love it, but I'll have to check again in the morning to make sure.

Everyone who tells me "when are you having another one...you should have another one...a little girl" can seriously shove it after the afternoon/evening I had. Jaxon had a friend over...a little boy who is 4 but I think maybe acts like Jaxon did when he was 3? Or maybe there is a HUGE difference between 4 year olds and 5 year olds that I had no clue about? Did I miss it? Cause seriously, I couldn't believe how Jaxon reverted to being some sort of annoying, non-listening child that constantly had to be heard...and we're talking NO downtime. Poor Dren was home with them all day, but I got plenty filled in between 4:30 and 7:30. And the mum was supposed to be home at 5:00. ANYway. Just slightly going crazy over here, so it really felt good to make stuff tonight. Really really feeling nice and calm now. Doesn't hurt that the house is silent b/c the boys are sleeping and it's 1:09am and I really should be in bed because even though I feel calm right now and that's great, I'm going to feel tired beyond belief tomorrow.

OK so I'll just post some photos then...some eye candy for me, photos from little spots in my own home that I love. Mostly my areas here, of course. The boys' areas are covered in things like action figures and video games and maybe some chip crumbs.

book stack beside plant
(and a photo of damien)
(we still miss him)

collection of binders. to store things and make me organized.

big long matches. they look cool like this.

6 comments:

*krystyn* said...

Wow - those are long matches for sure!

JB said...

re: the behavior of your child when another is around. from experience, it's because the other child isn't yours. it's completely different when both are yours. i have a hard time being around other people's kids, mainly because i'm not 100% in tune with their habits, body language, needs, wants, expectations, etc etc. hth!

JB said...

ps those matches remind me of my dad. he always used those long matches to light the fires when i was a kid. loved that fireplace. didn't realize what a strong memory that was until i saw your photo. so thank you!

Amy said...

Ooohhh...I {heart} your space! One of these days I'm going to get around to that decorating / organizing thing...

Candice P.J. said...

I really like how your binders form an arch like that!

Lu said...

congratulations on the MMM shout out!