11 July 2007

beeeeeeeotch!

So. I've thought about the subject of swearing (or cursing as the americans say) on my blog. Truth be told, I'm a little bit of a big huge potty mouth in real life. Yes, as a mother, I have learned to say "potty mouth". I don't know how I've done it, but I've managed to keep it in check almost fully in front of kids (on the rare occasion that I've slipped, Jaxon will whip his curly head around and look me right in the eye and scowl and say "I heard that"). Get me rambling or talking about something I'm passionate about or maybe even just sitting around shooting the shit with my girlfriends and/or sisters, or just after hanging up with a hugely annoying and profoundly dumb client...foul-mouthed G comes out to play. Whatever...I won't go off on a tangent here, but if I bust out a "curse" word here and there, just know that it comes from me - typing out something that flies into my head and that means it's real and it's just who I am. Really, I guess everything here is just me. I've thought about leaving myself out there for the world to peek in at should they choose, all the while at times treating this like my own personal journal I can tuck back into its place once I'm done (ie: once I hit "publish post"). Crazy thing, this online journalling is.

OK...and that's enough feeling like a bitch for this bitch wednesday.

WINNER! of stamps & paper goodness.....



jen paddack-hyde said...

another lurker:) Been reading your blog for a while now:) I've been thinking I need to do a daily gratitude too. Love reading yours:)

10:24 AM


Jen email me w/ your addy!



Gratitude? It's hard when you feel like you're melting (yes, Meghan, I still think it's hot. You're in the DESERT, remember?) Megs is doing wicked with her photography thing. She's got a wicked eye and I love it. I'm grateful today that my friend Meg is working on something she' lovin. <3

5 comments:

Nicole said...

love the real you Gen! too cute about Jaxon saying I heard that (my kids will do that too and then think it's ok if they slip).

Congrats Jen - enjoy your goodies!

JB said...

i am also a huge potty mouth. oh man. it's bad. my mil heard me through the phone f-bombing all of creation one day. she was so shocked! i was shocked i'd hidden it from her for so long! it's hard work, isn't it? lol

Candice P. Harrington said...

Great post about being a potty mouth. I've been cursing like a sailor these days. I used to never put curse words on my scrapbook layouts, but now I realize if I censor that part of me, whoever sees my pages will have a censored view of me as well!!! Yay for cursing!

And isn't it funny how if you type out your thoughts on your blog it somehow becomes more tangible? I find that if I write down a goal on my blog, I am more likely to fulfill it. Yay for blogs too!!!

Meghan said...

How great do I feel that you are grateful for me today? So sweet of you! Glad you like the cupcakes and DO NOT complain to me about being hot...It is 75 freaking degrees there and 115 here!!!! xxooo

deb said...

Love your post, G. Oh how I can relate.